Katie McBride's Blog
Having a small living room gives you a great chance to cozy up and feel snug. It’s not such a disadvantage to have a small living space. If you buy the right furniture and place it accordingly, your small space can have big personality. For example, buying a larger sofa takes up more room than a love seat, yet you may be able to fit a love seat and two chairs in the same space. This gives you the ability to seat more people. Pro tip: Armless chairs are great for small living rooms.
If you’re short on space in your home, you can use the corners of the room for other purposes. Tuck a desk with your computer in a part of the living space to help you make the most of the area that you do have. This helps to give the room multi-functional purposes with style.
Use Focal Points
Like every room of any home, you need a focal point. Does your small living room have a fireplace? Hang some art above the fireplace, in order to help both pieces stand out. Using that area of the room as a focal point gives the appearance of a larger room. Keep away from over-stuffing a room with furniture and decor, as it will appear smaller.
Bring Out The Height Of A Room
You can make a small room feel bigger if you bring out the height of the room. Hang paintings a bit further up the wall than normal. You don’t want to make the space look awkward, but think outside the box to use the upward space of a small room. You may even consider placing molding type materials between one foot to a foot and a half from the top of the ceiling.
Stacking Furniture Helps
No, we don’t mean for you to stack your furniture pieces on top of each other. You could place a cabinet behind the back of a sofa that’s facing in the opposite direction. This can help to save space and create a feeling of divide in between rooms. This could also be a handy way for you to place tables next to chairs- directly against them- in order for guests to have a handy place to put drinks or appetizer plates.
How To Make An Entrance
Many times, the living room is also the entrance to the home. Your living space can also serve as the home office or a dual dining space. For these purposes, keep everything smooth. If you make a color transition from room to room, be sure that it’s subtle and well thought out. The overall color palette should be similar.
In the community of Northbridge, MA in the past month there have been 16 homes sold. The average sale price of these homes was $308,633 and the homes were on the market an average of 78 days. There have been 11 homes listed for sale during the past month Northbridge, MA.
We are here to serve all your real estate needs in the surrounding communities. We welcome your business, and we promise to take exceptional care of you or any of your referrals.
Thanks very much, and have a great day.
So, you’ve decided to sell your house. You’ve hired a real estate professional to help you with the entire process, and they have asked you what level of access you want to provide to potential buyers.
There are four elements to a quality listing. At the top of the list is Access, followed by Condition, Financing, and Price. There are many levels of access that you can provide to your agent so that he or she can show your home.
Here are five levels of access that you can give to buyers, along with a brief description:
- Lockbox on the Door – this allows buyers the ability to see the home as soon as they are aware of the listing, or at their convenience.
- Providing a Key to the Home – although the buyer’s agent may need to stop by an office to pick up the key, there is little delay in being able to show the home.
- Open Access with a Phone Call – the seller allows showings with just a phone call’s notice.
- By Appointment Only (example: 48-Hour Notice) – Many buyers who are relocating for a new career or promotion start working in that area prior to purchasing their home. They often like to take advantage of free time during business hours (such as their lunch break) to view potential homes. Because of this, they may not be able to plan their availability far in advance or may be unable to wait 48 hours to see the house.
- Limited Access (example: the home is only available on Mondays or Tuesdays at 2pm or for only a couple of hours a day) – This is the most difficult way to be able to show your house to potential buyers.
In a competitive marketplace, access can make or break your ability to get the price you are looking for, or even sell your house at all.
4 Turnbridge Lane, Hopkinton, MA 01748
More Info on this Property | New Listing Alerts